- Best Book: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, by Michael Chabon. It’s a beautiful story of two Jewish cousins who became comic book creators. The novel follows their lives before, during and after the World War II. The book got the Pulitzer prize for best fiction in 2001. It is truly a wonderful book and I highly recommend it.
Best Broadway Show: I loved “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”. It’s a great show, the set is very creative and the acting is absolutely wonderful. I also read the book a few years ago and loved it. The play got 5 Tony awards.
- Best Trip: A beautiful 2-week road trip with my husband, exploring the North of Italy.
- Best App:VIA, It’s a ride sharing app that takes you anywhere in Manhattan between 110th street to all the way Downtown for $5 flat fee. The cars are comfortable and clean. The drivers are nice and the price is amazing. I use VIA at least 5-10 times a week. I wish they would work on the weekends as well.
- Best Art Show: Venice Biennale, It has great art from many different participating countries. You can see amazing modern art from various parts of the world in one venue
6. Best New Collection: Icicles, I love this collection because it looks great on women. Its contemporary, elegant and fresh.
7. Best Project: My team and I worked on a new website for the past few months. We hope to launch it by the end of January. We are all very excited to have our new website up and running.
8. Best Movie: Meru, a true story of Triumph of the human spirit.
9. Best Moment: When my son Daniel graduated from Cornell Medical School and started his residency training at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. He is an amazing writer. Here is the link to one of the two his essays that got published recently, a great and moving read. http://www.theintima.org/night-river
10. Saddest Moment: When my mother-in-law passed away at age 87 when me and my son were visiting her in Israel.
11. Best Saying I heard: “Time is not money. You can always get more money but you can never get more time”